Awakened Team

Click on the name to see what he/she's working on. (WIP blog)

Founders: 3D modelers:
Writers: Programmers:
  • Coen46 (No Link)
  • Mutt
  • CaptainRed
2D Artists: Sound Designer: Composer:
  • KiritoOmega97 (No Link)
Latest topics
» !!Migrating forum!! & Update - July 2015
by Tarazha Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

» SAO Suggestions
by Dante Emrys Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:10 am

» Introduce yourself here! :)
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:22 am

» Noah Baker's Freelance Application/Specs
by Glavus Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 am

» Musician Application
by ChandlerF Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:16 am

SAO Suggestions

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SAO Suggestions

Post by JueHakai on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:38 am

linksith wrote:Since there is a lot of controversial ideas concerning servers, I think I might as well throw in my two cents of an idea.

PUBLIC CONCERNS
We will have people that will want a server that acts just like SAO (one life), and we will also have people wanting to respawn in the game concerning the fact that most will die. There was also a hardcore mode suggestion/compromise I noticed earlier in this thread.

GAMEPLAY CONCERN
If we have multiple servers and they have their floors built exactly the same way, then someone can hop between servers and know things (such as locations for hidden stuff) that they otherwise wouldn't know about.

PROPOSAL
Allow me to offer a different compromise; instead there should be two servers. The first would satisfy the players wanting a "one life" game and the second would be "infinite life" satisfying the others and those from the "one life" server who died.

To address the GAMEPLAY CONCERN the servers should be set up so that no person can be alive on both servers. Additionally anyone who joins the "infinite life" server CAN NOT enter the "one life" server (should be self explanatory if you think about it). However people from the "one life" server can join the "infinite life" ONLY AFTER they die.

IDEA ONLY

This part is just an extra idea from a thought I had and I wanna know what other people think.

What if we also had a "one life" server that had a registration period and the server would only be available to the people who registered for it in that period. That way you start with a fixed amount of players and you get to see how the world turns out. Just like in SAO. That way there are no new players joining and nobody can make a second account and join the server as a "new person".

I really like this idea, but if someone knew where hidden items where on the one life server and died, couldn't they go and find them on the infinite life server? I think a simple solution to this is hide items in different locations. Other than that little problem I love he idea.

JueHakai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Uniqlo on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:36 am

Put A Tutorial ingame
like you can get stronger items (stronger than the starting items) and ofcourse get more potions (untradable)....and Every day log in bonus (30 days continous logins,30th day is a strong weapon or random equipment)

Thats all Razz
i hope the game size isnt that much XD

Uniqlo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by linksith on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:01 am

JueHakai wrote:Since SAO offers little insight on many floor bosses and mobs, I think some bosses and mobs could be

A Serpent-like creature with Snake-humanoid like creatures; fast and quick with little armor, but a venomous spit/bite

A boss that looks like Medusa with a freezing effect such as looking into her eyes prevents movement or something for x amount of time

A giant Stone Statue with stone golems/guardians; slow and very armored units with a high area damage radius

I like these ideas and i personally think they reflect the ideas of the creation of SAO. I also think mythological creatures with a twist would be great too.

JueHakai wrote:An intelligence boss that speaks in riddles that reveal his weaknesses, where he attacks next, and where he is; along with his minions who rely on shadows and speed for a weak quick attack

I like the creativity of the idea but I don't like it for SAO simply because it doesn't seem SAO-like. As far as we knew, a boss was NEVER able to speak.

Uniqlo wrote:like you can get stronger items (stronger than the starting items) and ofcourse get more potions (untradable)

I don't think anything aside from unique skills should be untradeable. Items should remain tradeable that way a player can sell what he gets. Elsewise if a player finds out they have something they want they may want to kill him to get it, leaving our rewarded player no method of getting out of the situation.

Uniqlo wrote:and Every day log in bonus (30 days continous logins,30th day is a strong weapon or random equipment)

I like this idea. It promotes continuous login which gives a "I'm stuck in this death game" kind of feel. But the best equipment should still only be available by rare mob or boss drop.

linksith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:15 am

Owex wrote:Yes, we will.. I'm just wondering why Cummin don't like 3rd person.
I also have doubts that 1st person will be great looking for combat considering the system we're going to make.

personally i think third/3rd person is unfair considering all combat is hand on hand, it makes sneak attacks virtually impossible because you will see the enemy approaching before he swings...

Last edited by nickster701 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrote first instead of third person)
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:34 am

Rizzotherat wrote:I have an idea on the unique skills. Let's say there's a skill on every floor and to get it is a solo boss battle that is insanity hard and a total of 5 people can get this skill per floor and the there are only 2 ways for the rest of the players to get the skill. One way is to buY it from one the lucky ones or win it in a staked dual. But you can only have 1 unique skill at a time so a player can't have dual weird and a 11 combo skill at the same time and be a pk monster. Hope this idea is a good idea and the game looks great with the new engine.

i think mods should give unique skills to active players, just allowing players to get skills isn't right because if they stop playing (which sadly will happen for some people) the skill disappears with them. So i think mods should give them, then take them when a player goes inactive.
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by linksith on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:27 am

nickster701 wrote:i think mods should give unique skills to active players, just allowing players to get skills isn't right because if they stop playing (which sadly will happen for some people) the skill disappears with them. So i think mods should give them, then take them when a player goes inactive.  

I like this. Although I do think that some weaker skills should also be publicly achieved by other means which require "pre-requisites" as mentioned in episode 9 when Klein asked Kirito how he got dual-wielding.

linksith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JueHakai on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:08 pm

bink wrote:If you do have to earn dual wielding then heres a idea on how to earn it.Every week their is a boss called The phantom Death.IT comes once or twice each week.It will come on Mondays and Wednesdays.It will be extremely rare to see it on floors under the 30th floor.This monster has a Grim Reaper look and it has dual wielding.It appears on floor thirty and over and it has  half the the floor's boss hp.(So for instance if the bos has 6,000 hp,then the grim reaper will have 3,000 hp.)The boss has two blades called Soul Taker and Dark Devourer.Soul Taker does 60 damage each hit(its crit is 120) while Dark Devourer does
65 damage but its crit is 115.You can get the blades from the Grim Reaper.When you have both, your blades will do spirit damage which wil have the 5% chance to inflict damage which will have the enemy take recoil damage from the effect.The monster does half the damage of the boss on that floor.If you beat it(whether you solo it or have the help of a party you and the top 1-5 contributers will get dual wielding skill.If you solo it,then you get dual wielding skill.If your lucky you will recieve the skill it has.Its called dark corruption,this skill does a 16 hit combo and has the chance to absorb a little of the oppnents hp and heal the player.Perhaps 39 hp.The higher the floor,the stronger the blades are when you get them from the stronger forms.So does the effect of the skill hp steal.

What if a group finds it and slay the boss as a team, who would get the reward? Would it be easier to have a quick reaction test like type the phrase as fast as you can or something like that?

JueHakai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorey on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:36 pm

JueHakai wrote:
bink wrote:If you do have to earn dual wielding then heres a idea on how to earn it.Every week their is a boss called The phantom Death.IT comes once or twice each week.It will come on Mondays and Wednesdays.It will be extremely rare to see it on floors under the 30th floor.This monster has a Grim Reaper look and it has dual wielding.It appears on floor thirty and over and it has  half the the floor's boss hp.(So for instance if the bos has 6,000 hp,then the grim reaper will have 3,000 hp.)The boss has two blades called Soul Taker and Dark Devourer.Soul Taker does 60 damage each hit(its crit is 120) while Dark Devourer does
65 damage but its crit is 115.You can get the blades from the Grim Reaper.When you have both, your blades will do spirit damage which wil have the 5% chance to inflict damage which will have the enemy take recoil damage from the effect.The monster does half the damage of the boss on that floor.If you beat it(whether you solo it or have the help of a party you and the top 1-5 contributers will get dual wielding skill.If you solo it,then you get dual wielding skill.If your lucky you will recieve the skill it has.Its called dark corruption,this skill does a 16 hit combo and has the chance to absorb a little of the oppnents hp and heal the player.Perhaps 39 hp.The higher the floor,the stronger the blades are when you get them from the stronger forms.So does the effect of the skill hp steal.

What if a group finds it and slay the boss as a team, who would get the reward? Would it be easier to have a quick reaction test like type the phrase as fast as you can or something like that?

can i just remind everyone there is final hit rewards? im sure they will show up Razz
Sorey

View user profile http://atmoss.x10.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by JueHakai on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:19 am

True, but sorry to say, but there are people who sit and wait to get the last shot(kill stealers)

JueHakai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:43 am

JueHakai wrote:True, but sorry to say, but there are people who sit and wait to get the last shot(kill stealers)

Kill those players until they spit the item out!! o_O
We could make it so the last attack also consider the amount of damage you did to the boss.

ps: some good ideas here, keeping notes Wink

If you need help for anything, contact me by PM.
Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by linksith on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:13 pm

JueHakai wrote:True, but sorry to say, but there are people who sit and wait to get the last shot(kill stealers)

Well sorry to burst any bubble you may have had but to keep it as close to SAO as possible we have to observe the anime/manga...

Kirito -Episode 2 at death of Diabel wrote:You were after the last attack bonus, the rare item

This suggests that...
1. Everyone who attacked got something from the boss like xp and/or rewards
2. The last person who attacked got "BONUS" and/or the rare item

This is why guilds formed with their own rules to keep the peace from players killing other players just because they got the bonus.

Owex wrote:Kill those players until they spit the item out!!

TADA!!! Problem solved! Very Happy

Last edited by linksith on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "grammar")

linksith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:08 pm

i don't think getting slaughtered is going to help
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorey on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:55 pm

nickster701 wrote:i don't think getting slaughtered is going to help

what if they drop the loot to whoever final strikes them? MURDER PARTY LAST MAN STANDING WINS!!!!
Sorey

View user profile http://atmoss.x10.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:48 am

owex, you better make sure those warp crystals work good, lol
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Warp Crystals don't work in boss room, hehehe XD

Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lubbies on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Hey everyone. When I saw this project I got massively excited as I really enjoyed SAO as an anime. I love how you people are tackling the conversion to a real mmo and as someone who thoroughly enjoys the genre I find it exhilarating. However one thing I would like to touch upon is the pvp aspect of the game. I am quite the hardcore pvper in any mmo I play and all I would like to know is of there will be pvp arenas/areas or will it be like in the anime were it is open-world pvp but with a player 'danger' level like red/green players. If there is a topic on this would you please link it?

Thanks
Lubbies
Lubbies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:55 pm

ill definitely up agility,

hey lubs, owex or joeybbb most likely could help you out when they see the message, of course if anyone else can help you they will, ill look for it though Very Happy

try this though,  http://awakened-studio.team-talk.net/search?search_keywords=combat

Last edited by nickster701 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding a link for information)
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:08 pm

Hey Lubs, PvP will definitely be a thing in SAO. It is subject to changes, but what we planned is a open-world PvP with towns as safe zones and player danger level indicated by the color cursor over their head. We will also have dedicated area for PvP battles and duels.

Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingGeek on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:48 pm

Here are a few suggestions:

1- Have an auto-target system, so you can press a button, and the enemy in front of you/ closest will have the camera pointing to them until the button is pressed again.
2- Allow move attacks where the blade has a colored flame/ glow to it for cool ways to charge at your enemies, this may be very hard to make so sorry if it is.
3-Also sorry if this is already in the game cause I didn't check yet but a stamina bar that comes back up quickly. But you need it to run, doge, hit, and block effectively (losing stamina when doing any of these).

I hope you liked my suggestions.
GamingGeek

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsfEK7pRB3A6SUXH0JjUfFQ/videos?

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:42 am

interesting
1. i liked
2. amazing
3. idk about that
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lubbies on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:33 am

That sounds great Owex, I really can't wait to try it out. The one scenario I would love to see become frequent is guild v guild/group v group in dungeons so that there will be competition in dungeons for glory + loot.

Which does bring me to my next point.

Will the dungeons be public for each floor? What I mean by this is will one dungeon support all the players in it or will it be group instances where only your group is in the dungeon and the other groups are phased into other versions of the same dungeon.

That was a terrible way of describing it but I hope you understand what I mean.
Lubbies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by linksith on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:40 pm

nickster701 wrote:i don't think getting slaughtered is going to help

When Akihiko Kayaba made SAO it wasn't designed to "help" anyone

Sorey wrote:
what if they drop the loot to whoever final strikes them? MURDER PARTY LAST MAN STANDING WINS!!!!

That actually sounds like fun. Ironic fun.

Owex wrote:Warp Crystals don't work in boss room, hehehe XD

Not true. Floor 74, episode 9, boss: Gleam eyes, was the first time a warp crystal didn't work in a boss room.

Asuna -Episode 9 with Kirito just outside the boss room wrote:I've never heard of a trap like this being in a boss room before

Owex wrote:We will also have dedicated area for PvP battles and duels.

I'd sure like to have arenas like the one when Kirito and Heathcliff dueled each-other

GamingGeek wrote:1- Have an auto-target system, so you can press a button, and the enemy in front of you/ closest will have the camera pointing to them until the button is pressed again.

I like this idea. But if the game (in the end) supports Oculus Rift, then I don't think those people will need it.

GamingGeek wrote:2- Allow move attacks where the blade has a colored flame/ glow to it for cool ways to charge at your enemies, this may be very hard to make so sorry if it is.

I thought this was already a part of the anime and thus a "must have" for the game.

GamingGeek wrote:3-Also sorry if this is already in the game cause I didn't check yet but a stamina bar that comes back up quickly. But you need it to run, doge, hit, and block effectively (losing stamina when doing any of these).

The anime didn't really show any signs of a player stamina, although I think that it should be in the game because players did pant after running distances, but  it should be dependent on a stat of some sort. Like a "strength" stat

Asuna -Episode 11 Kirito about to carry Asuna wrote:With your strength parameter you won't break a sweat

Lubbies wrote:Will the dungeons be public for each floor? What I mean by this is will one dungeon support all the players in it or will it be group instances where only your group is in the dungeon and the other groups are phased into other versions of the same dungeon.

Public dungeons, going by how you asked your question. A perfect example of this is SAO2 episode 21.

Might I also point something out about boss rooms. Boss rooms stay open when first opened so that other players can join. Proof of this is Episode 9. However it is implied that boss doors start closing themselves and locking on floor 75. Proof of this is episode 13 when Heathcliff explains to Kirito and Asuna what had happened.

Last edited by linksith on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)

linksith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingGeek on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Just a few more things I had in mind were:

1-(sorry again if this is already decided) Be able to switch between 2/1 handed.

2- Have a weak an strong attack for each weapon.

3- (Going with 1 and 2) Causing stagger when you hit someone. Weak attacks and one handed attacks do less stagger, while strong attacks and two handed attacks do more stagger.

4- Having combos for each weapon, some with fewer hits than others, and some with stronger hits than others.

5- finally (this one is a little more basic) have it so weapons have weight and go slower if your strength is lower, and faster if your strength is higher.

Those were my suggestions, hope you like them
GamingGeek

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsfEK7pRB3A6SUXH0JjUfFQ/videos?

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:41 pm

GamingGeek wrote:Just a few more things I had in mind were:
3- (Going with 1 and 2) Causing stagger when you hit someone.  Weak attacks and one handed attacks do less stagger, while strong attacks and two handed attacks do more stagger.

only stagger if you fail to block the attack
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingGeek on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that.
GamingGeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top