Awakened Team

Click on the name to see what he/she's working on. (WIP blog)

Founders: 3D modelers:
Writers: Programmers:
  • Coen46 (No Link)
  • Mutt
  • CaptainRed
2D Artists: Sound Designer: Composer:
  • KiritoOmega97 (No Link)
Latest topics
» !!Migrating forum!! & Update - July 2015
by Tarazha Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

» SAO Suggestions
by Dante Emrys Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:10 am

» Introduce yourself here! :)
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:22 am

» Noah Baker's Freelance Application/Specs
by Glavus Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 am

» Musician Application
by ChandlerF Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:16 am

SAO Suggestions

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SAO Suggestions

Post by Shadowbender09 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:19 am

*sees rapier* Must have. Something I've been wanting to know is will everyone have to get threw that floor by them self (by that i mean it won't be clear for them tell they finish it but others who passed it are fine to go above) or will it be cleared for everyone the second someone clears it and kills the boss?
Shadowbender09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:08 am

Shadowbender09 wrote:Something I've been wanting to know is will everyone have to get threw that floor by them self (by that i mean it won't be clear for them tell they finish it but others who passed it are fine to go above) or will it be cleared for everyone the second someone clears it and kills the boss?

in sao every floor only had to be cleared once then it was unlocked for everyone so probably that. but it could honestly go either way, id prefer it to unlock for everyone because if a noob goes to floor 50 its their own fault, but people should be able to progress at their own rate anyway and be able to catch up to the assault team. not have to fight every boss on the way
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mina Sai on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:20 am

Have you ever considered us being able to have certain cooking skills in the game? I'm pretty sure this question has already been asked, but it'd never hurt to ask again. I remembered when Asuna maxed hers out.. I thought it'd be kind of cool to have certain skills in the game.

Also. For the houses, would you consider people being able to live with one another? There may be a few couples within the system that may want to stay in the same house.. It's just a thought though.

Okay. Last one, I promise.

This is actually an idea for a weapon. A weapon called Chaos Rose, that actually can force a great amount of damage upon the opponent, although it does happen to decrease your speed by ten or so. The blade can cause deep scars, and is very useful for bosses with high HP's.

Alrighty then. I'll leave you be now!

Mina Sai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by linksith on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:44 am

Might I just pipe in and say that even tho bows would be awesome to have, I don't think it would be that good of an idea to actually implement. One handed players would have a hard time blocking the arrows because they have to see it first and find the approximate trajectory. And if they are already fighting another melee person then they are as good as dead. You would also get the people complaining that "bows weren't in SAO so why isn't magic in this game?" And also having bows ruins the point of "sword ART"

TL;DR bows are cool and would be epic but no bows for SAO

linksith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lubbies on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:13 am

Imo I think each floor should unlock when it is completed globally. The boss and dungeon should still be repeatable. I just really hope that they become incredibly challenging so finishing the game would take months even a year on perma death servers. It would be amazing to have guilds come together to strategize for the first clear of each boss.

As for bows I don't think it should be that bad. If you have a good aiming system not like lock on then the player being attacked should dodge/block. Bows should be on a much higher skill level. If you are being attack by like 2 swordsman and a bowman for example then the chances of you dying are still high no matter if they are ranged or not. They will more than likely be extra squishy as a downside.
Lubbies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:10 am

i agree with linksith completely, no magic and no bows it really does take away from the sword art part, also we cant let the game get to crazy off topic, bows could be worked in, but personally i don't agree. the more stuff that is randomly added the less this will turn out to be sword art, most of us will love it anyway, but wanting to play sao is what brought us here and we don't want to turn others away because its not similar enough.

sry for ranting
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TJMX on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:34 pm

I agree that yes they weren't in the actual anime but sword art. There are more weapons than just swords and their were long ranged weapons for example when Kirito claims the s class meat he uses throwing darts and later when you see kirito's flash back to when he first saw dual-wielding he had a skill below it known as sword throw.

TJMX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:57 pm

TJMX wrote:throwing darts

sword throw.

throwing darts do extremely low damage and sword throw is using the sword, yes there are ranged weapons but they have extreme disadvantages, unlike a bow where its its own primary and contains less disadvantages then throwing darts (low damage) or sword throw (that was you sword)

Last edited by nickster701 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to type, lol)
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TJMX on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Well either way it's not our choice wether or not it's in the game it's up to the gms to decide whether or not it'll be in the game. But I have one last thing to say at the beginning of SAO Kirito says to Klein that there are an UNLIMITED amount of skills like black smithing all except magic. Which means there where bows somewhere you just don't see a player with them.

TJMX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by linksith on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:14 pm

If bows were actually in the game then I'm sure someone in the anime would have used it because of all the numerous advantages it gives

linksith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TJMX on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:47 pm

But there where over 10,000 players and you only see about 100-200 players which means lots of players could in fact have a bow in their inventory.

TJMX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:48 pm

i guess that's true but why wouldn't they use a bow in a boss raid that's a amazing advantage, i just don't think they are there, also bows are unfair in pvp and i already looked at the wikia, there arn't any pages in the aincrad section of sao.
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundCheck on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 pm

I agree with nickster Pvp would be unfair because people would abuse the fact that they can hit from a distance. Also boss raids would be much easier with bowmans, and I would rather have a challenge with bosses.

SoundCheck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TJMX on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:20 pm

Not true pvp is a dual where they are about 10 to 20 feet from each other depending on the speeds of the characters they would be able to get close and personal to use their sword against the bow man also bows are an amazing advantage but the bosses in Sao have a ton of hp and speed. Not to mention that some of the boss rooms are tiny so archers would have to be fast enough to run around avoiding the bosses attacks or they could switch to a melee weapon to attack the boss from up close. Also take into the fact that players could use bows in hunting purposes in the game. So they're are disadvantages to bows yes they are ranged but if there is something close by they aren't a good weapon to have in close combat. So in a pvp it would still be a fair fight between the duelers. Lastly bows would be a weapon that can be very inaccurate and depending on the range you want the bow would have to be heavier to pull so longer time to shoot an arrow. So once again the game would have fair mechanics.

TJMX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SoundCheck on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Tjmx actually has a really good point

SoundCheck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:22 am

Just wanna point out Kirito was using a sword (and a pistol) when everyone else had guns in GGO. hehe xP
Translation to SAO: 1-handed sword + Darts

There is always ways to balancing thing pretty easily. Lets see:
Bow takes time to level up a be accurate.
Arrows damage can be adjusted.
Reload speed can be adjusted.
Range of the shot can be adjusted.
etc.

When you have a sword and enemy has bow:
-Use your shield to protect yourself, and advance to get closer, pretty effective.
-Sprint in zigzag to get closer.
-Dodge the arrows; there's not need for red prediction line.. use your instinct
-At some point mostly everyone would have a cheap bow, simply switch to bow when you encounter a long range enemy..

Long range vs Short range has been a thing in games for a long time, it's just one more interesting challenge that brings a new dimension to the fight.
IF we integrate bows, we wouldn't make it overpowered or as the easy way to kill. Bows wouldn't be the solution to every fight.

If you need help for anything, contact me by PM.
Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 0rizuru on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:20 am

I'm new to this site, and i haven't read all the details, but there should be a system where players can put up missions for items and give out money. I think that would be super cool and people would have more ways to connect!
0rizuru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TJMX on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:24 am

Welcome 0rizuru and good idea I think that would be pretty cool

TJMX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:50 am

0rizuru wrote:there should be a system where players can put up missions for items and give out money. I think that would be super cool and people would have more ways to connect!

YEA, a bounty board would be awesome!!!
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xT4LxHat on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:39 am

I was thinking of the class systems and I came to the conclusion that it would be best not to have them (at least not as defined choices. I was re-watching the anime and I noticed that skills are increased by use. I think of it like Skyrim. Except as the skill number goes up you get a natural boost in each section (The more you use a dagger the stronger it would be, the more you run the faster you get ect.). But you also get skill points to put in ability's. I think that would eliminate some of the need to create fifty people so you can try everything. For those who red my ramblings I thank you and I hope you think its a good idea as well!
~Kyle

xT4LxHat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:15 am

That is pretty much what we're doing Kyle Wink

If you need help for anything, contact me by PM.
Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xT4LxHat on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Oh that's great! I'm new to the forum's so I probly just missed it. silent

xT4LxHat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lubbies on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:12 pm

0rizuru wrote:I'm new to this site, and i haven't read all the details, but there should be a system where players can put up missions for items and give out money. I think that would be super cool and people would have more ways to connect!

^ this wouldn't be too bad imo.

I feel that if there are a rising amount of red players then I'm sure some sort of bounty hunter system would be really cool to balance it all out. Maybe some people will play as like body guards for certain high ranking players if perma death is a thing. Like that guy protecting Asuna but was all evil (I forgot his name). So like I think things like this can really be left up to the community.
Lubbies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scar03 on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:33 pm

in my opinion Id like to see scythes in the game my friend had a hollowed costume with a scythe and i messed around with it and found it fun but who knows just figured Id add a weapon suggestion that story was entirely un related lol any way hope you guys are doing good

sometime games are my escape from a person I am but not truly my self so the game worlds are where i belong even if it had a death penalty I'm willing to fight as hard as i can whether there isn't an escape or isn't one -- my words exactly see you in future post bye Very Happy
scar03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by linksith on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:33 pm

A scythe was actually in SAO. Episode 11 if I remember correctly.... But it was not seen used by a playe . But I wouldn't mind if it was in the game. If it isn't in the game I wouldn't be upset

linksith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top