Awakened Team

Click on the name to see what he/she's working on. (WIP blog)

Founders: 3D modelers:
Writers: Programmers:
  • Coen46 (No Link)
  • Mutt
  • CaptainRed
2D Artists: Sound Designer: Composer:
  • KiritoOmega97 (No Link)
Latest topics
» !!Migrating forum!! & Update - July 2015
by Tarazha Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

» SAO Suggestions
by Dante Emrys Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:10 am

» Introduce yourself here! :)
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:22 am

» Noah Baker's Freelance Application/Specs
by Glavus Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 am

» Musician Application
by ChandlerF Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:16 am

SAO Suggestions

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SAO Suggestions

Post by Owex on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Here you can post any ideas you got for the game. We will be glad to read and maybe include them in our game.

If you need help for anything, contact me by PM.
Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SAO Suggestions

Post by cowcatcherer on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:59 am

I was thinking that because sao was the first full vr mmo, you attacks were exactly as you wanted, in other words there were no pre-programmed attacks, so maybe a attack programming system could be implemented so that you can say your basic attack is a slash starting from your lower right side ends to your upper right. or you could set you basic attack to a jab. this would most likely be extremely complicated, but i think it would add a ton to SAO.
cowcatcherer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:08 pm

You are actually really close to what we are planning for. The player will be able to swing his sword in the direction he wants whenever he wants and without any pre-programmed attacks required to be set by the player.

Welcome to the forum btw Smile

Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowcatcherer on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:10 pm

cool, I would have hatted the combat to be like skyrim XD
cowcatcherer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisshomaru on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:08 am

I think there should be a school academy where they teach you how to fight with different sword type: Staff, mace, sword, dagger and etc. I think it is a good idea cause we wont have a pre-programmed attacks.
Nisshomaru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:11 am

Please read the Attack topic here: http://awakened-studio.team-talk.net/t79-attacks

Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisshomaru on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:14 am

Can't see anything connected with a academy school. Surprised
Nisshomaru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:18 am

It is there, but you can also find a bunch of info about hat in the Codex (near the end)

Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisshomaru on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:18 am

Found it, thanks a lot!
Nisshomaru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cummin on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:49 am

Idea : 1- Make an item which will allow you to not lose your levels and stuff even after you die ( should be hard to find ) . Well you decide if it's a good idea or not , but i personnaly think that it will really come in handy for a lot of players that are , let's say , lvl 50+ ( or even less ) that don't want to loose all their stuff after all the work they've done. I suggest to make it a rare item but still possible to get : ) !

2- Allow us to have a mount ( ex : a horse or any kind of beast ) that we should buy or tame to be able to get to destination quickly if we dont have a teleport rock . Also , some pets like silica had in SAO , that can heal us and cool stuff like that .
PS : i think it would make the game better if we had to find and tame our beasts Razz

3- If u could make the day and night time quicker then they are in real life it would be really awesome . Like that we will even be able to sleep in the game and stay during the night. Would be better if like we litterly wouldnt be able to notice it and think that we actually spent a day . Hope its possible .

4- Allow us to look at our body in 1st person ( like freely move our heads and look down to our belly , feets and stuff ) . Well thats probably already going to happen but im just making sure . Also please dont make the game in third person .

5- I once read that there would be only ONE server of SAO , so i came up with an idea that i found pretty interesting. The idea consists about making multiple servers , but they are tottaly not linked , like each server has its own progresses and its the same typical game for each server with the same stuff , just to make alot more people able to enjoy The SAO adventure .

Thats all the ideas i have for now , hope u all enjoy them
Thanks ....

Cummin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Hey Cummin, welcome on our forum and thanks for your suggestions Smile
1- What will happen after player die isn't official for now (there a lot of possibility). But something sure is that you will have the choice between permadeath or not.

2- That's a sure thing, horses and other type of mounts will be part of the game. Pets/companion as well.

3- Yep days and nights will be shorter.
4- A lot of 1st person games don't show the body because it doesn't fit with what the player want to see.. (e.g.: The player want to see his gun, but he normally can't when he runs.. so they keep the weapon in front of his head.) ....we won't do the same thing (unless we're forced to), body will be visible in 1st person view. But I'm wondering why don't you want the game to be in 3rd person?

5- Hmm.. I don't think you read that here, that was probably Argus. I was thinking the same as you, that's a good idea.

Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisshomaru on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Wont we be able to change persons by zooming in/out? So it switches between 1st and 3rd?
Nisshomaru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Yes, we will.. I'm just wondering why Cummin don't like 3rd person.
I also have doubts that 1st person will be great looking for combat considering the system we're going to make.

Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joeybbb on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Personally I will play in first person I think. We'll see I have to wait and try them both out Wink

Follow me on Twitter @JoeyQuinto Smile

"Squashing bugs like bad habits!" -Me

Fast cars and shooting stars
Joeybbb
Admin

View user profile http://joeyq-games.site50.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cummin on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Well thanks !

Also i've been wondering if the game will be available only in computers or as well in other consoles like NG Razz ??
or is it just not possible o.o ?

Cummin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cummin on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:12 am

Also i thought that it would be cooler a 1st person player if it is actually playable on nervegear.... If its a computer game , i dont really care about 3rd person :p

Cummin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyDevil on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:24 pm

If you don't care about 3rd person camera, you dont need to use it.

TheHolyDevil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cummin on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Well , by i dont care , i didnt meant to say that i dont need it , if its a computer game i would love to use 3rd person , but if its a NG game it would be silly to use it ...

Cummin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Esvald Forceswoop on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:53 pm

About Permadeath and More Servers:
- If we have more servers we could have servers with permadeath and servers without permadeath.
Esvald Forceswoop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHolyDevil on Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:00 pm

This is in my opinon the best suitable option, because you don't have to balance between casual and permadeath players.

Maybe, the gameplay should be a bit more rewarding / accelerated, as the players are risking more on permadeath servers, as well as need to start more often.

TheHolyDevil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jashinchild on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:42 am

(Sorry it's long.)

I have a couple suggestions but I will start by bringing up some of the stuff I saw reading through this thread. Firstly I don't think 3rd person should be allowed outside of the safe zones. Due to the fact that we will have skills like vision, hearing and such (Skills that enhance upon your senses.) Having third person would ruin this for 2 simple reasons. Firstly cam glitching which lets player see outside of walls or through windows and second the ability to look around corners before you go ahead. First person would make it way more difficult and in my personal opinion would be greatly better. (You could also add oculus rift support so yea.)

Secondly about the servers, Possibly 3 lives (Hardcore) and for instance the event Kirito did to get the revival stone would give you an extra life.

Now onto my suggestions, Parkour is a must during several scenes you see things like wall running and jumping and it would be excellent if you had something like that implemented.

Voip (In-game voice chat) it really is a must have but it has to be range limited voice chat so you can only hear people within a certain distance from you. (The further away the lower the volume.)

Special skills, Now this suggestion is going to make all the Kirito fan boys rage, I don't want to see every other person running around duel wielding it should be an achievement, something that is hard to get.

Fast paced combat, something along the lines of vindictus would be great but, while blocking your health depletes at a slow rate.

Armor and equipment weight. More supplies means you go slower Less supplies lighter armor = faster.

Weapon customization Gui:
This suggestion I think everyone will really like so I'll explain it in more detail then the others.
When blacksmithing right before you finish a sword you should be able to fully customize the color scheme for the blade. (This will make texturing for you guys a lot simpler.) Make a basic colored sword like for instance a blue and white blade with a light blue handle and white gems. Allow black smiths the option to customize the color of a weapon at which point it will be finalized for the player to use. (It can't be edited again unless recycled.)

Procedural Mob stats and skill, I hate when I see a bunch of mobs and they are exactly the same. For example: at level 5 you can kill a boar using 5 basic attacks and your special all the boars are level 3 and give you 15xp.
I want the level hp damage and xp given to be completely random or have multiple presets. (You make 5 types of boars all level 5, one has 110 hp and 35 attack dps, another has 90 hp and 55 attack dps.) I hope you understand what i'm trying to say xD.

Starvation/thirst and illness.
Player should succumb too illness by eating certain food, Going into extremely cold areas for too long without proper gear, Thirst goes down faster in dessert but lasts longer in a colder area.

(I have more but I'm done gnawing your ear off for now.)

Jashinchild

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweg on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:10 am

There should be a brewing system for creating potions, and a smithing system for creating weapons.
sweg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweg on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:12 am

TheHolyDevil wrote:If you don't care about 3rd person camera, you dont need to use it.
TOGGLE CAMERA? Very Happy
sweg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Esvald Forceswoop on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:09 pm

Alchemy and Blacksmithing skills will be avaible- just like in the original SAO and in like most of the MMORPG's.
Esvald Forceswoop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Esvald Forceswoop on Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:25 pm

Jashinchild wrote:(Sorry it's long.)

I have a couple suggestions but I will start by bringing up some of the stuff I saw reading through this thread. Firstly I don't think 3rd person should be allowed outside of the safe zones. Due to the fact that we will have skills like vision, hearing and such (Skills that enhance upon your senses.) Having third person would ruin this for 2 simple reasons. Firstly cam glitching which lets player see outside of walls or through windows and second the ability to look around corners before you go ahead. First person would make it way more difficult and in my personal opinion would be greatly better. (You could also add oculus rift support so yea.)

Secondly about the servers, Possibly 3 lives (Hardcore) and for instance the event Kirito did to get the revival stone would give you an extra life.

Now onto my suggestions, Parkour is a must during several scenes you see things like wall running and jumping and it would be excellent if you had something like that implemented.

Voip (In-game voice chat) it really is a must have but it has to be range limited voice chat so you can only hear people within a certain distance from you. (The further away the lower the volume.)

Special skills, Now this suggestion is going to make all the Kirito fan boys rage, I don't want to see every other person running around duel wielding it should be an achievement, something that is hard to get.

Fast paced combat, something along the lines of vindictus would be great but, while blocking your health depletes at a slow rate.

Armor and equipment weight. More supplies means you go slower Less supplies lighter armor = faster.

Weapon customization Gui:
This suggestion I think everyone will really like so I'll explain it in more detail then the others.
When blacksmithing right before you finish a sword you should be able to fully customize the color scheme for the blade. (This will make texturing for you guys a lot simpler.) Make a basic colored sword like for instance a blue and white blade with a light blue handle and white gems. Allow black smiths the option to customize the color of a weapon at which point it will be finalized for the player to use. (It can't be edited again unless recycled.)

Procedural Mob stats and skill, I hate when I see a bunch of mobs and they are exactly the same. For example: at level 5 you can kill a boar using 5 basic attacks and your special all the boars are level 3 and give you 15xp.
I want the level hp damage and xp given to be completely random or have multiple presets. (You make 5 types of boars all level 5, one has 110 hp and 35 attack dps, another has 90 hp and 55 attack dps.) I hope you understand what i'm trying to say xD.

Starvation/thirst and illness.
Player should succumb too illness by eating certain food, Going into extremely cold areas for too long without proper gear, Thirst goes down faster in dessert but lasts longer in a colder area.

(I have more but I'm done gnawing your ear off for now.)

Some kind of parkour was seen in the original SAO to, in Episode 5 if I remember correctly. Or 6. I don't really know now. But yes there should be something like that. Heck I can even see an acrobatic fighting style which is fast not very strong attacks with heavy useage of the enviroment.

Supporting the idea of the voice-chat.

Yes it should be simple. In clothes you are the most vulnerable but fast. Light armor is somewhere in the middle, while in heavy armor you are slower but tougher. Clothes should go for evasion, Heavy Armors should go for defense. Light is somewhere between.

Supporting the idea of customizable weapons.

So about the mobs... I can't clearly see what do you want.
Do you want...

The enemy named Frenzy Boar. lvl 5 and there are several types:
Black: 110 hp and 35 attack dps
Blue: 90 hp and 55 attack dps
Green: 125 hp and 40 attack dps

or...

The enemy named Frenzy Boar. lvl 5 and there are several types: Blue, black, green etc. Some 110 hp and 35 attack dps, others 90 hp and 55 attack dps, anothers 125 hp and 40 attack dps but its completly random and doesn't depend on the color: you can meet a 90 hp and 55 attack dps black color frenzy boar but you can also meet a 125 hp and 40 attack dps black color frenzy boar.

or...

The enemy named Frenzy Boar. lvl 5 and there are several types: Forest Frenzy Boar, Dark Frenzy Boar etc... and they are fixed hp and attack dps.

supporting the idea of the last thing. I'm also looking forward seeing Potion Poisoning.

Esvald Forceswoop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top