Awakened Team

Click on the name to see what he/she's working on. (WIP blog)

Founders: 3D modelers:
Writers: Programmers:
  • Coen46 (No Link)
  • Mutt
  • CaptainRed
2D Artists: Sound Designer: Composer:
  • KiritoOmega97 (No Link)
Latest topics
» !!Migrating forum!! & Update - July 2015
by Tarazha Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

» SAO Suggestions
by Dante Emrys Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:10 am

» Introduce yourself here! :)
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:22 am

» Noah Baker's Freelance Application/Specs
by Glavus Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 am

» Musician Application
by ChandlerF Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:16 am

A thought on MMO games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A thought on MMO games

Post by Owex on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:55 am

Long time I haven't started a thread.

I'd like to talk about MMOs in general! I have read A LOT about MMOs, what people like, what they hate, what they dream of...
I've done the same for SAO.. I've watched all haters video I could. I think it's really important to know what haters think.. sometimes more than fans.

I'd like this thread to be the place where you can express your opinion on what you think of MMO games.

-What you love about MMORPG?
-What you hate about MMORPG?
-What is your perfect MMORPG?

A pretty important subject I wanna bring on is the Social aspect.
I hate how MMO separate players instead of grouping them. I hate to see how the world isn't persistent and is just an instance for each player. MMOs separate players to make them comfortable and give all of them a chance to enjoy each part of the game... I think this is wrong!
This is an MMO! you're not alone in it! You shouldn't do a quest that 200 players have done before you! I hate that concept. MMO means Community, that means Coexisting with other beings, that means Sharing the game!
I want our game to be shared between player. I want it to be a place where players have impact on other players. I want your actions to have an impact! Influence the World and the other Players. I want this impact to have consequences, on you! Yes, you have freedom, you can do whatever you want.. but it as consequences.

You cannot simply kill a merchant in a town and get away with it. You'll be arrested or tracked down or whatever. (just like Skyrim or any RPG) The problem is that you CANNOT kill a merchant in a MMO; because it is an important npc and it would be detrimental to other player. Well too bad, you've made your choice! and this choice is gonna affect others. If the Npc was a quest giver, too bad! That quest is gone.
Of course there are retards who will kill all Npcs simply because they want to.
Now that is our job to balance things out.

The world/game need to be dynamic. I believe human need changes to enjoy things, contrast is the core of enjoyment in my opinion. Contrast is energy, energy is life. Doesn't mean a Static game (like most mmo) isn't good. I believe "Staticism" is part of the dynamism that is needed to create that contrast.

I take it on me to find a way to make our MMORPG a shared dynamic and balanced experience. If it is not, then it is not an MMO.

If you need help for anything, contact me by PM.
Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A thought on MMO games

Post by taigakun on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 am

i totally agree with you. to me, its pretty boring that you have to see the same thing over and over again in any mmo. like no matter what you do, everything will still be the same, no consequences. i would love a game where for example, if u cause a huge damage to the opposing race, it could mean an all out war or something like that, meaning that the next time you log in, the entire place will be in ruins, like you will never know what to expect  next. not a game where all players have exactly the same set of skills so you become bored of using the same old boring moves allll the time.
taigakun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taigakun on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:55 am

but that's just my opinion
taigakun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeffeng on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:32 pm

I completely agree with you and i think it's great that you're focusing on making the world more of a life than a game.

I've played a lot of MMOs, way to many probably and i think a huge problem with games is the social aspect. A lot of the time you may join a group to do a dungeon or something but after that no one talks again so it's individuals in a group not a team.

I would love for there to be huge world events like rift if anyone has played it, it causes whole map invasions, i'm sure you could add that where monsters would attack the towns and kill npc's and it would force people to work together and talk.

I also think you should definitely not make the bosses too easy, you should pile on the mechanics like a WoW raid boss on steroids so like SAO it imitates the thrill that every moment you can die which again supports teamwork, so it's not too easy *cough cough* LFR in WoW.

To me the perfect MMO in an SAO world like the anime would have a huge focus on achievements and earning your rank, to have your name displayed when you do something and have it engraved in the world is just the best feeling.
Literally the worst thing would be to kill a floor boss and get nothing.

Zeffeng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taigakun on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:04 pm

Zeffeng wrote:I completely agree with you and i think it's great that you're focusing on making the world more of a life than a game.

I've played a lot of MMOs, way to many probably and i think a huge problem with games is the social aspect. A lot of the time you may join a group to do a dungeon or something but after that no one talks again so it's individuals in a group not a team.

I would love for there to be huge world events like rift if anyone has played it, it causes whole map invasions, i'm sure you could add that where monsters would attack the towns and kill npc's and it would force people to work together and talk.

I also think you should definitely not make the bosses too easy, you should pile on the mechanics like a WoW raid boss on steroids so like SAO it imitates the thrill that every moment you can die which again supports teamwork, so it's not too easy *cough cough* LFR in WoW.

To me the perfect MMO in an SAO world like the anime would have a huge focus on achievements and earning your rank, to have your name displayed when you do something and have it engraved in the world is just the best feeling in the world
Literally the worst thing would be to kill a floor boss and get nothing.
i completely agree with you
taigakun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingGeek on Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:51 pm

I completely agree with everything but one thing that crosses my mind. Trolls that make characters specifically to kill all merchants, and quest liners. I agree with the idea, but trolls could ruin this hole world, and make it extremely hard for beginners. But still I love the idea of a game that allows you to be totally free to do what you want... with people and monsters trying to kill you as well. LOL.
GamingGeek

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsfEK7pRB3A6SUXH0JjUfFQ/videos?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeffeng on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:00 pm

GamingGeek wrote:I completely agree with everything but one thing that crosses my mind.  Trolls that make characters specifically to kill all merchants, and quest liners.
That could be a problem but it would be easy for them to just respawn the npc if they think someone is trolling and then they could ban the person or warn them.

Zeffeng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:22 pm

We could simply apply a Death sentence to serial killers (people who kill too much npcs).
Just like if you play hide and seek irl with friends in the forest and one of them decide to burn all trees with fire.... well he's just spoiling the game for everyone, you don't want to play with that person anymore. (the image was beautiful I know)
Also gotta remember most npcs are in town.. which are Safe zones. (I forgot about that)

Also, as there will be Red players, there will also be the opposite, people who protect others and fight against Red players.

trolls could ruin this whole world
World cannot be ruined, world needs to adapt. Needs to be dynamic.

If you need help for anything, contact me by PM.
Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeffeng on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:33 pm

Just a thought about Red players and Blue players(the good ones), would red players get any loot from the people they kill or just some form of twisted satisfaction. Also a long time ago i played a game called Last Chaos where Blue players if they killed red players they would get bonus EXP for killing them, so is something like that gonna be in the game

Zeffeng

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Owex wrote:(people who kill too many npcs).
Also gotta remember most npcs are in town.. which are Safe zones. (I forgot about that)

on floor 33(i think) ep 5(again i think) the assault team was planning for the raid in that cave and the plan was to lure the boss to the city to kill npc's so the players wouldn't get agro'd. so wouldn't it be possible to kill npcs. also when kirito and asuna found yui they talked about how yui didn't give them a warning like a npc would. also on ep 5 (i think, again lol) they showed a sword through a player in a safe zone but it wasn't a duel.
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HaVoC on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:11 pm

Zeffeng wrote:Just a thought about Red players and Blue players(the good ones), would red players get any loot from the people they kill or just some form of twisted satisfaction. Also a long time ago i played a game called Last Chaos where Blue players if they killed red players they would get bonus EXP for killing them, so is something like that gonna be in the game

I think it would be cool to get the loot when someone gets killed. It would push more PvP but it would make people think more along the lines of "Am I willing to risk losing this awesome gear to get somemore?"

HaVoC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top