Awakened Team

Click on the name to see what he/she's working on. (WIP blog)

Founders: 3D modelers:
Writers: Programmers:
  • Coen46 (No Link)
  • Mutt
  • CaptainRed
2D Artists: Sound Designer: Composer:
  • KiritoOmega97 (No Link)
Latest topics
» !!Migrating forum!! & Update - July 2015
by Tarazha Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

» SAO Suggestions
by Dante Emrys Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:10 am

» Introduce yourself here! :)
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:22 am

» Owex's Creations
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:04 am

» Noah Baker's Freelance Application/Specs
by Glavus Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 am

Leveling

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Leveling

Post by Herring on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Don't know if this is already planned, but I was wondering if player levels would be a thing, maybe not to increase the power of the player but as a way of telling how much time someone has put into the game, thus letting people know when they are talking to a pro etc.

Herring

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leveling

Post by Lubbies on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:05 pm

I would assume that there will definately be a vertical progression system in place. It may not correspond to an overall level but definately through the leveling at skills. What I mean by this is that one person with let's say lvl 100 sword has played as long as someone with lvl 100 cooking but I don't know how that would correlate to an overall level. I'm sure a dev may elaborate more on this.

Lubbies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:46 pm

i think i see what your saying, do you mean you have a xp bar that rises one skills level every time it maxes???

nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:23 pm

I think level should not affect Player stats as opposed to the anime where Kirito gain more Health when leveling up. I want our game to be player skill based and be fair. I don't wanna see level 90 crushing lvl 8 noobs for fun.
All player have their chance if they have good equipment and train enough.

So, as you said, a player's Level would be more about identifying the mighty players who know more about the game, are more trained, etc.

In the episode about Silicia, Kirito get attacked by 5-6 players and literally do nothing because his stats are saving him. This is ridiculously overpowered; we don't want that. If you're attacked by 6 players for some reason.. run for your life! (unless you master the combat system and think you can overcome them, go for it like a man! ^^)

If you need help for anything, contact me by PM.

Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:38 am

Owex wrote:In the episode about Silicia, Kirito get attacked by 5-6 players and literally do nothing because his stats are saving him. This is ridiculously overpowered; we don't want that. If you're attacked by 6 players for some reason.. run for your life! (unless you master the combat system and think you can overcome them, go for it like a man! ^^)

me

nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Herring on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:24 pm

Owex wrote:I think level should not affect Player stats as opposed to the anime where Kirito gain more Health when leveling up. I want our game to be player skill based and be fair. I don't wanna see level 90 crushing lvl 8 noobs for fun.

So, as you said, a player's Level would be more about identifying the mighty players who know more about the game, are more trained, etc.

In the episode about Silicia, Kirito get attacked by 5-6 players and literally do nothing because his stats are saving him. This is ridiculously overpowered; we don't want that. If you're attacked by 6 players for some reason.. run for your life! (unless you master the combat system and think you can overcome them, go for it like a man! ^^)

you understood what i was trying to get at perfectly XD it's great to see game devs talking to their playerbase as much as you guys do, it's not so common haha.

Wish i could help out with making the game, but I don't have any skill to be of use XD

Herring

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrGreekSurvivor on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Owex wrote:I think level should not affect Player stats as opposed to the anime where Kirito gain more Health when leveling up. I want our game to be player skill based and be fair. I don't wanna see level 90 crushing lvl 8 noobs for fun.

i totally agree with you but you know when you go for the floor's boss and it will have like 4 and 5 more health from all the players going on the raid it wont be fair so i think that the level should affect some of the stuff in the game like health , regeneration and these kind of stuff

MrGreekSurvivor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:45 pm

MrGreekSurvivor wrote:floor's boss and it will have like 4 and 5 more health from all the players going on the raid it wont be fair

This is why it is not recommanded to fight a boss alone. Wink

If you need help for anything, contact me by PM.

Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top