Awakened Team

Click on the name to see what he/she's working on. (WIP blog)

Founders: 3D modelers:
Writers: Programmers:
  • Coen46 (No Link)
  • Mutt
  • CaptainRed
2D Artists: Sound Designer: Composer:
  • KiritoOmega97 (No Link)
Latest topics
» !!Migrating forum!! & Update - July 2015
by Tarazha Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

» SAO Suggestions
by Dante Emrys Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:10 am

» Introduce yourself here! :)
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:22 am

» Noah Baker's Freelance Application/Specs
by Glavus Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 am

» Musician Application
by ChandlerF Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:16 am

Frequently Asked Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Owex on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:51 am

★-How can I be Beta tester?
Follow us when we release a beta. Long-term supporters will have precedence over new applicants.

★-Release date?
When it’s ready.

-Where’s the download link?
It will be announced when ready and located on our forum.

-Is it gonna be public game with servers and stuff?
Yes.

★-Gonna be free?
Yes.

★-What about copyright issues?
In order to avoid copyright infringements, we will take steps to ensure our game is creative and original; only deriving inspiration and spirit from the original SAO.

-Even though the game hasn't launched will it also have a console/mobile version?
It is a possibility in the far future but our main focus for now is a PC standalone version.

★-Have you guys made progress on this project? If you have you should post an update video! It looks sick.
We make progress as often as we can, follow our various outlets to always stay up to date. We have a forum where the majority of our team members post updates on various threads. We have an indieDB, facebook page, and gamejolt for more official updates as well. Additionally, we have a main youtube, Awakened Studio. I myself have my own channel, Awakened Studio Joey, for my own personal updates but I always update the forum as well. Please be patient with our updates, as most of us are full-time students and may also have other jobs and activities away from working on our game. Thank you!

★-Just to be clear. the is in now way close to being finished right. will the graphics be improved upon and the mesh qualities? please respond because i would love to see this game become huge!
Our game is in the very early stages of development. The graphics and mesh qualities will most likely improve from the rudimentary stages, but keep in mind that the more detailed we go, the more time it will take.

★-How big is your crew company?
We have a 20+ size team, however not all of us are always working at the same time for various life reasons. You can submit an application to join the team on our forum, there will be a link in the description. Make sure to follow the guidelines when posting an application in order for myself and Owex to fully evaluate your talents.

★-What game engine are you using?
We have recently switched engines from Unity to Unreal. While there are many benefits from using Unity, we believed that we can accomplish more up-to-date content with Unreal. While we did spend over a year developing assets in Unity, the sooner we switch the better, this way not even more content will be wasted. However, keep in mind a lot of the assets can be imported over from Unity into Unreal. The majority of lost work will be  some level design (although terrain can be converted over, just not meshes and trees etc) and coding, which is the biggest hit we are currently dealing with.

★-Is this project the same as Age of Aincrad or Argus’s SAO?
Awakened Studio is working separate from other game organizations. In fact, a few of our current team members, including myself and Owex, have roots with previous game studios. We did not like the way and timeliness of certain organizations, so we decided to create our own game studio. In this way, you can view our progress has far surpassed other studios in record time.

-MAKE IT MORE REALISTIC
This is similar to the above question about improving quality of assets. One other thing to keep in mind is that we want to keep certain SAO vibes, and are debating on how ‘anime’ we want the final product will look. If you would like to help provide community input, you can fill out a survey form for the developers to read and incorporate into the game. There will be a link in the description for this below.

★-Looks like ASS, SAO should be created in the Euclidion engine not this shitty Java looking shit.
This is not the final product, so please keep in mind we have a long ways to go from releasing a final product. Also, it is important to note that an engine does not 100% determine the quality of a game. I would personally say 70% is the quality of the created assets and not the engine.

-You should use Creation Engine (Skyrim engine)
After switching one time already, we have committed to using the Unreal engine. We hope to no longer have any large setbacks.

★-Shut up and take my money! Where can I donate?
We are currently not accepting donations while we are still dubbing this project ‘Sword Art Online.’ Once we change some things up and create a more original theme, we may begin accepting donations. In the meantime, if and when we decide to do fundraising through various means such as releasing unrelated minigames and the sort, you can buy those to support us. But most of all, don’t forget motivational support! All game developers like to hear encouragement and constructive criticism.

-Is this going to be multiplayer?
Yes.

-What language are you writing the game in?
While we were still using Unity, the entire game client and servers were built using C#. However, switching to Unreal if we wanted to continue in C# we would have to use a third party C# plugin, and I don’t trust third party anything. We will be switching to C++ and Unreal’s blueprint for native integration. We are still determining if we can salvage the current server code or if we will convert that over to C++ as well.

-You guys steal weapons from other game/anime/movie!! You liars! you suck!
All of our assets were created ourselves, however you may find inspiration from other outlets in some places. If you are concerned with a possible copyright infringement, please contact us privately and we will conduct our own internal investigation, thank you!

-1st person or 3rd person?
Originally, we were hoping to implement both. However, to keep progress moving in a timely manner, we have yet to decide for sure what we will go with.

★-It better use Oculus Rift. Or else its just all work for nothing.
OR support has been an idea in play for a long time, but our first priority is to make the game. Then we can add support for other outlets.

-Will i need oculus rift to play this?
No it will not be required.

★-Try not to make attacking the same every time though..
Our combat system is planned to be something unlike anything else and very unique. We have not come to a final consensus, but it will not be a click and sit back, or spam buttons to win technique.

-I wonder how the combat would feel…?
Very engaging.

-Out of all the SAO based game previews I've seen, this one looks like it has the most promise, but it looks as if the players might have the ability to duel wield. If this is a single player game, that's OK, but if its an mmo, then plz don't do that, because only kirito had duel wield, and you shouldn't have every player be kirito. If it's an mmo, then the player characters need to be custom made by the player. (but a random chance of meeting the different characters from the anime would be really cool. u could make like hidden easter eggs where u see stuff or ppl from the anime maybe?)
Unique skills are still being determined if they will be used in our game. Please provide input for this in the form mentioned earlier, a link will once again be listed in the description. As far as easter eggs, once again we do not want to have any copyright infringements. However, certain similarities are sure to be found…..

-That's really neat.  Have you considered VR support?  I know this is still a WIP, but I am very excited for this.  Also for the GUI, it'd be cool if you saw a hand slide down and the hand replaced the pointer for the menu.  But you could definitely change the GUI without changing game mechanics in this game.  But I thought suggest that anyways.  And finally I have never heard of Awakened Studios, is it an independent company and how many people are on your team?
We have considered OR support as a way of integrating VR. However, a lot of other more integral VR systems are very expensive and not mainstream to the public, and we want our game to be as widely enjoyed as possible. Our GUI is still a work in progress, but it is planned to be a 3D system. The questions about our team and size have already been answered above.

-Add guild wars
Once basic gameplay elements and others have been implemented, we have endless possibilities.

-you could have catacombs under the town of beginnings like in the anime with random monster spawns and random bosses with very varied levels eg kobalt lord lvl 1-90 just a thought
There will for sure be additional dungeons to conquest similar to SAO.

★-I'm that it would be a bit too much to include but what about ALO, I mean at the end it's basically SAO and ALO combined so would this take place before or after the incident?
The timeline will take place after the SAO arc, and we have not planned to include ALO into our game.

-Because in sao they use potions for health and most games with fishing and cooking in them; the food will heal you.. I was trying to figure out what to do with food in the game.
Food will play a similar survival role.

I don't know if there is already something planned but here is my idea.

-Have a fatigue meter that normally does down slowly when logged on.
Ex: it goes down 10point per hour logged on (out of 100)
-Goes down faster when you are fighting, especially if you use a lot of abilities.
-when fatigue gets into to red zone (30\100 or lower) your stats start to temperarly lower untill you get your fatigue back up above 60/100 or so.
-Fatigue goes up by eating food which you can buy from npc, or players.
-fishing, hunting beasts with meet that you can eat, and cooking will allow you to get food without spending you money.
-when your skills get high enough you will be able to make better food then the npc's will sell which raise your fatigue faster.

I really love this idea and I don't think it would be that difficult to do.
Everyone please let me know what you think.

A fatigue and stamina system will definitely be incorporated.

★-Is there Character Customization?
Yes.

-I would love to download the soundtrack when you have finished the game.
When we release the OST, we would love for you to download it.

-things I kinda wanna know: will there be the dual wield skill will kiritos iconic swords be available will there be special AIs like yui but more personalized with a personality quize (like on pokemon mystery dungeon) guilds? friends? houses? marriage system?
We are still determining unique skills. AI is not something we have started to develop at this point in time. Guilds, friends, houses, and marriage have been planned to be included at some point.

-also dlc games for GunGale and Elfheim?
Let’s build SAO first.

-can i set up my own shop ingame just wondering
A, in-depth market system has been planned to be included within our game.

-In this kind of idea of a game such as the imaginary SAO there is freedom to do what you want so focus should be on freedom and choices and the many little details that make a game worth playing I hope this game will come not as just some fangame for the anime but take the idea of SAO and expand it into a real experience.
We want to do some fanservice at times, but this game will be very different from just what is shown in the anime.

★-what are you using (your artist) to make these models and structrers
We have several artists working in whatever program they have. These include Autodesk maya, and max, as well as blender.

-Just curious, but how in depth will character customization go? Will we be able to make our eyes bigger to give it that cartoon/anime look? Will monsters drop items? Just my opinion, but I hope there will be some form of crafting or cooking.
The character you create will have a definite impact on the way your character will act and play like, even influencing your stats in some areas! Monsters will offer some sort of reward and there will be skills. The look of the game is TBD, please provide input in our community support form.

-I cant wait to play this!! And what are going to be the minimun requirements?
We aim to have our game as widely enjoyable as possible.

★-what will be the size of the game
As large as it needs to be, and not a byte larger Smile

-Could you do each floor to scale and the exact environment as SAO and make sure you get the main floors perfect sorry if there is spelling mistakes i'm translating from Japanese to English
The size of the floors will most likely be sized down to ensure we are progressing in a timely manner. Also, we want to make sure we have original content.

You can ask any question you want in this thread, we will add them in the original post.

If you need help for anything, contact me by PM.
Owex
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Tyzillion on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:05 pm

How will blacksmithing, cooking, etc be added? Will it be a lvling system kinda like Skyrim or will it be like real life? The more u do it the better u get at it.
Tyzillion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joeybbb on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:49 pm

They will most likely be skills for you to gain experience and get better at.

Follow me on Twitter @JoeyQuinto Smile

"Squashing bugs like bad habits!" -Me

Fast cars and shooting stars
Joeybbb
Admin

View user profile http://joeyq-games.site50.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Valaseter on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:04 am

How in depth will the NPC's and merchant system be?
Valaseter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chen400 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:02 am

What with the nervegear?

chen400

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scar03 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:43 pm

wil it come out for mac
scar03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickster701 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:44 pm

scar03 wrote:wil it come out for mac

yes, i believe it will on final release, but not in the beta
nickster701

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joeybbb on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:54 pm

Whenever we release a build, we plan to release for as many platforms as possible to log all the possible bugs and problems regardless of platform.

Follow me on Twitter @JoeyQuinto Smile

"Squashing bugs like bad habits!" -Me

Fast cars and shooting stars
Joeybbb
Admin

View user profile http://joeyq-games.site50.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Index on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:01 pm

Game will be based on phy attack not magic stuff,right?

Index

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenx345 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:03 am

what can i do to support you guy?and will there be swordsmen class?

ravenx345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top