Awakened Team

Click on the name to see what he/she's working on. (WIP blog)

Founders: 3D modelers:
Writers: Programmers:
  • Coen46 (No Link)
  • Mutt
  • CaptainRed
2D Artists: Sound Designer: Composer:
  • KiritoOmega97 (No Link)
Latest topics
» !!Migrating forum!! & Update - July 2015
by Tarazha Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

» SAO Suggestions
by Dante Emrys Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:10 am

» Introduce yourself here! :)
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:22 am

» Owex's Creations
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:04 am

» Noah Baker's Freelance Application/Specs
by Glavus Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 am

[Left Team] Micah's sketchbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Left Team] Micah's sketchbook

WELCOME

All the concept art by me e.g characters, weapons, armor, bosses, monsters, architecture and costumes for the designing of the world of Aincrad Very Happy
other art by me can be found on these websites:
My deviantart account- http://cyborg-panda.deviantart.com/
My drawcrowd account- http://drawcrowd.com/micah
My CGhub account- http://micah-carson.cghub.com/
My instagram- http://instagram.com/micah_carson

19/01/2014:
my first concept art (not very happy with how it turned out at all, especialy because its my first concept here...) its like a riverside smith shop, could just be a country house by the river,inspired by Lizabeths smith shop.
uh this was a real challenge to draw architecture, haven't really done much of it before, but at least i gave it a try hopefully this will help your 3d creations of countryside buildings. Im not quite good at this hosting pictures thing so a little bit got cut off but i have the URL to

http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/68/61/67/rivers19.jpg

19/01/2014:

got a bit bored so i decided to mess around with the logo and got this.

full size here-
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/68/61/67/logo110.jpg

19/01/2014:

did a bit more architecture, i think this one is a bit to different to fit the SAO environment but i thought i may as well share it as it may give people some ideas.

11/02/2014:
concept of a European long sword for Dan Smile

25/02/2014:
I tried making some monsters on Zbrush sculptris for the first time ever today, I found it surprisingly easy and i thought i may as well share them even know it isn't concept art, there are a whopping 1704246 triangles on this model, now obviously that's to much for just a face and that would create a lot of ping for players, what is the amount of triangles you guys use for your characters? on the last image you can see the image with the triangles highlighted white and as you can see its hard to make out a single one...i found  its really fun to make 3d characters, Id try out Maya but Im afraid it'd be to hard to learn.

town of beginnings architecture is nearly finished, ill post it soon!

3/03/2014:
town of beginnings mochup

sketch i am working on, this could be a floor or something, i will add color soon, any thouhgts?

6/04/2014:

sorry for not posting guys, im still here tho! i have been doing alot of scifi stuff lately so i havnt had any ideas or motivation to do fantasy, but i did this, just a small scenery design,it wasnt intentionally for sao but i thought that 100 floors is enough to fit this in, after all he more concept the better  Very Happy 

9/04/2014:

been practising sculptris some more, i know this isnt concept art but you all have introduced me to 3d moddeling and i love it, this is of the male torso (obviously) im getting zbrush and also 4d cinema soon so i can practise some more, holidays are in a day so i will start the map then Smile
any tips?

sorry the image is cut off, click on it and it will show you the full thing

30/04/2014:

more random designs for floor one or any floor you guys think they suit. i have noticed all i am drawing is European style houses and i think i need to do other designs of architecture, sorry about the lack of updates, i just haven't been on the ball lately and am rushing everything, even my personal projects aren't being done, these are just small template style mochup designs of stuff.
First; potential setting of floor one, markets traders inns... all that sort of stuff. but possibly less European style buildings

Second:basic street light, lantern hanging from metal pole with bronze engravings

Third: houses d its countryside you may find exploring floor 1 and its countryside

Fourth: sword design with extremely bad sketch labeling materials for hilt.
i will do more sword designs because they are quick and easy and they are getting pumped out like crazy Smile

I am so stoked for when the website comes up, cant wait to start getting people backing our work and commemorating it!

Last edited by Micah on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:11 pm; edited 18 times in total

Micah

View user profile http://cyborg-panda.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

- Similar topics
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

[Left Team] Micah's sketchbook :: Comments

Post on Sat May 03, 2014 6:17 pm by Esvald Forceswoop

WOW these are amazingly good Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:35 pm by Joeybbb

Looks really good man! Yeah after this next month hopefully most of us will all be done with exams and summer will be here, and then we can really work on trying to go public.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:12 pm by Micah

update

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:03 am by Micah

update sort of

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:50 pm by i0322

That is some amazing work there Micah ;o
like Owex said 100 floors lets make it happen xD

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:48 am by Owex

I love that last one! It'll be so much fun to model in 3D ^^

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:15 am by Micah

update again today

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:41 am by Owex

It looks great! Keep up the good work Micah Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:28 am by Micah

update

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:30 am by Joeybbb

ZBrush does have a decrease subdiv tool, however that's not what ZBrush is meant for. Models created in ZBrush are never meant to use in game, and there is no reason to decrease polys when you can just use the low poly that we started with. ZBrush is used to bake maps like I said earlier to improve detail on low poly meshes Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:10 am by Micah

yeah i did upload it to google drive, along with a couple of swords, i am totaly up for doing that, i dont think zbrush sculptris has a tool to make the polys on the thing your creating less, so i think itd be aesier for me to do it liker this-
I get sent a model on google drive, i open it in brush, do some muscles and other stuff, i then put it back on google drive for you guys to see and then decrease the amount of polys.
i think this would be easier because you might want a character or so to have a specific amount of polys so it would be better for you to do that stuff.

oh yeah um i can only save my stuff as .sc so i don t think youd be able to open it in unity and visa versa

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:46 pm by Joeybbb

Owex is right, ZBrush is meant as taking a finished game model and then painting high poly detail on to bake normal height and displacement maps, not for use in actual game engines, but for concept it definitly looks good!

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:35 am by Owex

Wow! it looks awesome! It will be useful for some grumpy monsters ^^ (you just seem to have a little problem with the mirror, but it can be fixed easily)
Did you put the model somewhere in Google Drive?
Actually, the default head I made have 3600 polys and the body have also 3600.

I never tried sculpting, but you seem like a fish in water. So you could be our sculptor as well as a concept artist.
How this would work: I make (or any 3d modeler) low-poly 3d models, I subdivide a lot, than you can give it details and define muscles in Z-brush, after that you export it back so I can create a normal map with the high-poly you made so the low-poly will have all the details you created.
For sure, this can go the other way, you can still make some awesome faces and I remodel them in low-poly.
Are you in?

1 700 000 triangles! haha, it wouldn't even run on CryEngine3.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:03 am by Micah

update today, well sorta...

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:55 pm by Joeybbb

It's all good, don't worry about it, we know life gets in the way (especially pesky school haha)

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:49 am by Micah

ok thanks, really sorry guys, i feel like i am running behind with things, its been a pretty hard phew weeks at school, we had alot of tests to assort the kids into the right class so i havnt been able to draw that much at all, but i will try Finnish something asap, my drawings of the town of beginnings is coming along good, ill start trying to do weekly updates even if it is just a phew sketch based designs

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:15 pm by Owex

Hey Micah, you should make a post to say that you have updated something cause we can't notice it if you don't. Wink
I like that sword btw

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:24 am by Owex

I've also thought of making floor that goes out of the medieval theme.. like mid XVIII century, Star Wars style, etc. I'll post a thread about it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:13 pm by Senji

Oh why don't you have a floor that is really old-fashioned and then all of a sudden the next floor is very high tech? I think that would be a shock and surprise( in a good way ). I personally think that would be cool, if I'm walking along an old country path with farms and such, and into the portal to the next floor, where everything is high-tech.

ahhh... I need to fix my habit of kind of ranting/talking too much at one time. I'm not like this in person... Very Happy
-Senji

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:09 pm by Owex

When we have 100 floor to create, difference is the key. I like those buildings Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:12 pm by Micah

mnnnn i guess, ive been doing a phew sketches of more fantasy architecture that propels outwards as it goes upwards

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:08 pm by Owex

That riverside smith shop looks good even if you're not happy with it Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum