Awakened Team

Click on the name to see what he/she's working on. (WIP blog)

Founders: 3D modelers:
Writers: Programmers:
  • Coen46 (No Link)
  • Mutt
  • CaptainRed
2D Artists: Sound Designer: Composer:
  • KiritoOmega97 (No Link)
Latest topics
» !!Migrating forum!! & Update - July 2015
by Tarazha Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:00 am

» SAO Suggestions
by Dante Emrys Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:10 am

» Introduce yourself here! :)
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:22 am

» Owex's Creations
by DivineHope21 Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:04 am

» Noah Baker's Freelance Application/Specs
by Glavus Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 am

Joey's Corner

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Joey's Corner

I will post  WIPs as well as finished products here. If you are really interested, you can check out my old youtube here: http://youtube.com/user/ElementalMapping
My new youtube is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6dqBpb8i8CIRbvHENfNW5Q
The official Awakened Studio Youtube is here (Major Updates): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy_YUO18vMeL_Jf7jYoSzQA

2013:

11/28/13:

My Entire Workflow - Concept Sword

Thorn Blade

Herbert Willy JR. (To be named creature)

Heathcliff UV's and Textures (Note: model was not made by me, only very few minor changes in geometry to make texturing easier)

12/2/13:

The making of the Dracor Blade

Heathcliff Textures (NOTE: Meshes by Owex; I only made the UV map and textures)

Rare Item - 20+ Agility Stat Ring

Converted  into the CryENGINE3 (LEGACY! Now using Unity Engine!)

My CryTif Shortcut Program (LEGACY! Now using Unity Engine!)

12/6/13:

Not too much to show, did a lot of work on a blacksmith shop but it will be a bit longer before I have anything worth showing in that model.

However here is the next model in the dracor 'set', the dracor shield:

What is a better name? Dracor shield or Dracor Egg or Dragon's Egg
Let me know Very Happy

If you are wondering what I am doing code wise, nothing yet. Still working out some issues and doing planning with the team and my fellow programmer, Riku. Once we get started I'll be sure to keep you all updated!

12/9/13:

The viewarms rig I made
To devs, once it is 100 percent complete and tested Ill release the rig so other animators can use it so that all first person animations can be shared between weapons and different arms etc

12/12/13:

Been working my ass off on the battle system! Viewarms / Weapons can be switched and still use the same animation. Power is based off of attack stat and weapon power stat. Item drops, col drops,  and experience addition is now done when a monster is killed (the last hit player gets 1.5 times the exp and col). PS that monster is not finished yet, but I call it the Howler Bug. It is meant to be a low level monster.

12/15/13:

Started to implement the zoning system. I've already started to implement the ambient sound and monster spawning logic, but I will hold off on the player effects until later (It needs to be networked and until Riku and I talk about networking I can't start it). However, the basic framework for the player effects are there:

12/18/13:

Got a 64% on my semester exam, decided I would drown my sorrows in game development haha. Pretty much finished the ambient packages port from my old game, may need to touch up on it a bit later, and also implemented database scripts for ambient packages as well as for monsters. Zones have been improved (multiple shapes etc) and a basic (extremely basic right now) framework for the leveling system.

12/21/13:

Did some basic GUI Framework, with a decent result

Decided I would start with a model for a classic monster, the first enemy shown in the anime, equivilent to a slime, the Blue Boar  Twisted Evil 

Also the walk cycle for the howler bug. NOTE: Owex redid the UV projection for me, and is still working on finishing the texture, so its not 100% final yet Very Happy

Lastly, I improved the roaming logic for packs of monsters: They now have idle and active idle animations in the idle cycle, and the roaming is more randomized. However, monsters that are in a pack must roam in the same general direction for more realism.

12/28/13:

GUI, battle logic, pack logic, roaming logic, ambiance have all been improved
Animated textures have been added, as well as sounds for GUI and weapons (based on material match up).
Also weapon switching functionality added.

Blackwyrm Games Logo Animation (LEGACY! We are now Awakened Studios.)

My new Logo Animation (This may or may not be final, Owex is going to do his version and we will see what looks better)

2014:

1/1/14:

Happy New Years!

1/4/14:

Speed modeling a treasure chest:

UI Update:

1/5/14:

1/11/14:

1/18/14:

Character Creation System 1.0:

Starter Armor "Leather Chest Plate"

1/24/14:

Improved Doors, Chests, Character Customization, and more!

Also, I switched from Unity's build in character motor and input system and built my own. So far, the new character motor script has improved motion, physics, and gravity. Upgrades are sure to follow later!

Squashed a major UI bug, fixing hover sounds, button pressing, and list logic using my new UI debug system:

I wasn't sure if I've already shown this in a previos update, but I figured it would be a nice teaser anyways Razz

1/31/14:

This week features a few new GUI features I implemented:

2/7/14:

This week's update doesn't have any pretty graphics or anything, it is based soley on just programming. After we decided to do the networking in Photon, I've been buried up to my head in server code, but here are a few teasers to share:

Unity Client - Proxy Server Connection Handshake:

Testing 'game' scenarios:

Subserver Login establishing a connection with the master proxy server:

2/15/14:

2/22/14:

3/14/14:

3/29/14:

5/5/14:

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Today I FINALLY get to showcase Physics 1.0 on the server, complete with collision (invisible floor for now) and player motion.

5/18/14:

A minor update so there is something to at least look at while I am working hard on server code.

6/3/14:

6/19/14:

6/30/14:

7/5/14:

7/11/14:

8/2/14:

8/9/14:

8/16/14:

8/20/14:

9/1/14:

9/13/14:

10/9/14:

Along with this quick time lapse, it's also notable that the entire handler and messaging system for the servers and client have been revised for improvements in accuracy, routing, and security.

10/22/14:

11/20/14:

11/28/14:

2015:

1-8-15:

1-29-15:

Just a quick teaser on what will soon be running on the servers Smile
Click here to see what I stare at to debug the servers!

2-12-15:

2-23-15:

3-23-15:

4-9-15:

5-21-15:

Last edited by Joeybbb on Thu May 21, 2015 4:55 pm; edited 52 times in total (Reason for editing : 5-21-15 Update)
Joeybbb
Admin

View user profile http://joeyq-games.site50.net

Back to top Go down